Friday, December 11, 2015

Joseph: A Good Man


“Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did
not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind
to divorce her quietly. But after he had considered this,
an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream…”
Matthew 1:19-20, NIV

Joseph was a good man with good intentions, but . . . 

Although Joseph's plan for Mary was a good plan, it was the wrong plan. Although his choice to not publicly disgrace her was honorable, it was not correct. Only after God intervened in Joseph's thoughts was he able to know God's will for his family and walk it out.

The quote, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions," is true. Good intentions often lead to hellish situations in our lives. A good plan can be a wrong choice.

How often does our logic lead us down the wrong path? How many times do we miss God’s will because we choose to do what seems right?

Let's exchange our goodly intentions for Godly intentions. 

God's Word tells us we acquire the mind of Christ through the revelation of his Holy Spirit, and our salvation and strength comes through resting in him. Spending time in God's Word ushers us in to his presence. In his presence, we'll hear a voice behind us saying, "This is the way, walk in it” (Isaiah 30:18).

Do you have in mind to walk in God's way? Choose rest first.

Now it's your turn. What is one way you choose rest in this busy season?

I always welcome your comments.

Blessings,
Starr

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the invite. Very thought provoking about "rest" I am still trying to figure that one out. God is calling me to be bigger than the chaos going on around me, and I don't know how to "Let it go" as they say because I keep drawing from that well of pain. I get mad, angry, bitter and regress. Only to find myself back at forgivenesses gate, over nad over and over, but there is no break through. Not sure what will be the trigger to help me release myself, I fail in my faith but it's me who suffers, chasing my own tail and making myself sick. I pray I don't die in this, that's how Ghost are produced. Couldn't let go in this life and when you die, so bitter, so broken, how could you ever see the light or rest in God there waiting for you.....

    ReplyDelete