Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tee Word of the Day: Socie-tee

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility 
value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests 
but each of you to the interests of the others."
Philippians 2:3-4, NIV

Several years ago, my daughter received a T-shirt for her birthday that read, “It’s all about me, me, me. Get over it!” I never let her wear the shirt as the sentiment sadly reflects the entitlement mentality that is rampant in society today.

In contrast, the text above speaks of exchanging a selfish life for a selfless life. Although this concept may be foreign to many, Christ modeled it well during his brief time on earth. As we choose to walk in harmony with his example by placing the interests of others above our own, his joy will become food for our souls.

Be the hands and feet of Christ today and choose to live a selfless life. Someone you know needs his loving touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment