Sunday, March 9, 2014

SUNDAY SOLACE: What a Difference a Day Makes

"You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness" 
Psalm 30:11, HCSB 

When my special needs daughter was little, she always got up in the morning and looked out the window to see if the sun was shining. 

I thought of her as, "My sunshine girl." 

She still is.

She loved the musical, ANNIE.

She still does.

When I was sad, she could always lift me up.

She still can.

She would pat me softly on the shoulder and say, "Don't worry, Mommy. It'll be alright. The sun'll come out tomorrow."

It always did. 

May your day be filled with sunshine. And if not today, look outside tomorrow. 

Perhaps . . . the sun'll come out.

It still does!
"But for you who revere my name, 
the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays."
Malachi 4:2, NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment